No Sherlock Holmes fan will be disappointed with a trip to London. The city has much to offer fans of the famed detective.
The Sherlock Holmes Museum in London is an exciting adventure waiting to be had.
- According to stories the detective, along with Doctor Watson, lived at 221b Baker Street for a few years.
- That just happens to be the address of the museum!
- The house where the museum is was built in 1815.
- Those who enjoy the stories will appreciate the fact that the inside of the museum looks just like the home described in the stories.
Visiting the museum:
- Open daily from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm – except for Christmas Day
- Adults – £ 6
- Children under 16 – £4
After getting a little taste of Sherlock Holmes in London at the museum, you can then head over to the Sherlock Holmes Public House and Restaurant.
What to expect at the Pub:
- Full menu of hot and cold bar food
- Food served all day
- English ales and ciders
- Bottled lagers
- Wine, spirits, and liqueurs
- Sherlock Holmes memorabilia
The building housing the Sherlock Holmes Pub is actually a split level. Upstairs from the pub is a covered roof garden and restaurant.
- Monday through Saturday – 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Sunday – Noon to 10:30 pm
- Monday through Thursday – Noon to 3:00 pm and 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
- Friday through Sunday – Noon to 10:00 pm
It’s advised that you book a table at the restaurant in advance. To do so, call 020 7930 2644.